The main objective of Direct entry Stream Visa is to meet the candid requirement of paid employees in a business that is actively and lawfully operating in the regional areas of Australia from overseas workers or foreign national now working in Melbourne or Sydney. The other terms and conditions of the employment is same as applicable for an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident who is performing the same work in the same region.
Under the Employer Nomination Scheme (186) or ENS (186) an Australian Employer can opt for the Direct Entry stream if he want to nominate an applicant to fill a position subject to:
- That nominated position cannot be reasonably filed from the local labour market.
- Employer offers the terms and conditions of employment equals to an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident performing the same work in the same location
- The occupation should be available to the applicant for at least two years according to the legislative instrument IMMI 15/083 and IMMI 15/109 including the lists of certain occupations at ANZSCO skill level one, two, or three.
The skilled worker is eligible to apply for Direct Entry stream visa Australia with following two preconditions:
- He has to pass the skill assessment the
- He must have the have three years post-qualification work experience in his nominated occupation
The Direct Entry stream is actually one of the three steam on the Subclass 186 visa. Therefore, the scheme is called to be the subclass 186 direct entry stream. This is different from the Temporary Residence Transition stream and the Agreement stream.
What is a Subclass 186 Visa?
- It is a permanent residence visa for the skilledworkers those who have a nominating Australian employer.
- Under the ENS Scheme and it’s subclass 186 permanent residence visa every Australian employer is allowed to nominate skilled foreign employees to work in Australia
- Application may be submitted from in or outside Australia but he should possess a bridging visa A, B, or C or a valid visa to apply for this visa in Australia.
- A two-step process is involved to complete the visa application and issuance
- Nomination by an approved Australian employer
- Visa application by the skilled overseas worker
Applicants can be in or outside Australia when they apply for this visa. Applicants must have a valid visa or a bridging visa A, B, or C to apply for this subclass 186 direct entry stream visa in Australia.
- Employees must not work on 457 visa with their nominating employer for two years
- Employees those are fully qualified in the holding occupation
- Employees alreadyrendered their service for at least three years at a skilled level under the same employer who is nominating him.
- The occupation is listed in the Medium and Long Term Skills Shortage List (MLTSSL)
- If the occupation is not listed in MLTSSL as pointed out above the employee will be eligible to apply a 186 Direct Entry visa before March 2018 only.